The 2023 IAM Legislative Conference in the nation’s capital began on Monday, June 19. The conference includes nearly 350 delegates representing districts and locals across the United States.
The first day included speeches of IAM International President Robert Martinez Jr., as well as IAM National Political and Legislative Director Hasan Solomon, who welcomed delegates and set the tone for this week’s agenda.
“We are here this week because we know that our work fighting for what’s right never ends,” said IAM International President Robert Martinez, Jr. “We are here to hold our elected officials accountable and let them know that you either stand with us or you stand against us!”
This important event provided an opportunity for IAM delegates to have their voices heard in the halls of Congress as they met with their congressional representatives to address critical issues affecting working Americans.
“If you want health care, you need a union; if you want a pension, you need a union,” said IAM National Political and Legislative Director Hasan Solomon as he addressed delegates of the 2023 Legislative Conference. “We are here to speak truth to power!”
The first two days of the 2023 IAM Legislative Conference included important speakers such as:
- Robert Martinez Jr., IAM International President
- Hasan Solomon, IAM National Political and Legislative Director
- Greg Regan, AFL-CIO Transportation Trades Department President
- Rep. Jamie Raskin (D-MD)
- Carla Siegel, IAM General Counsel
- Randy Erwin, NFFE-IAM Federal District 1 National President
- Rep. Gerry Connolly (D-VA)
- Rep. Steven Horsford (D-NV)
- Rep. Linda Sánchez (D-CA)
- Stephen Benjamin, Office of Public Engagement, The White House, Senior Advisor and Director
- Josh Hartford, IAM Special Assistant to the International President for the IAM Rail Division
- David Arouca, TCU/IAM National Legislative Director
We are gearing up for the 2023 IAM Legislative Conference!
IAM delegates from across the nation are coming to discuss key legislative priorities impacting working families and their communities.
— Machinists Union (@MachinistsUnion) June 19, 2023
The post IAM Kicks Off 2023 Legislative Conference to Advance Members Priorities appeared first on IAMAW.